The Darien Park District would like to thank everyone who has played in the Summer 3v3 League in that past and also invite anyone who has not to come try it out this summer. This league is designed to give the players more opportunities with the puck in a fast-paced, small area game! We know your child has worked hard throughout the season, and this league gives them a chance to stay sharp over the summer. Each player gets the chance to improve individually while also having tons of fun in the league! We expect another great turnout, so register early and don’t miss the chance to become a better player!
2019 Darien Sportsplex 3 on 3 Hockey League Features:
- Team Fee: $1,575
- Individual Fee: $210
- 20 league games. Two games per night two nights a week -- either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. Teams can create their own names or have one assigned to them.
- Max of 18 players per roster.
- Team jerseys included.
- No games: 7/1 - 7/4.
- Registration forms for both individuals and teams.
- Both individual and team fees are due at time of registration.
- SILVER MITES: 2013 and 2014 birth years
- MITES: 2011 and 2012 birth years
- SQUIRTS: 2009 and 2008 birth years
- PEEWEES: 2007 and 2008 birth years
- BANTAMS: 2005 and 2006 birth years
- MIDGETS: 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 birth years
Click here to register:
Darien Sportsplex Summer 3 on 3 Ice Cream League
3 on 3 Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are there special rules? Yes. The intent of the 3 on 3 league is to have as much continuous play as possible with as little rules and play stoppage as reasonably possible.
- Will there be offsides? There are no offsides in the 3 on 3 leagues or tournaments.
- Is this a no check league? Yes. Absolutely no checking will be allowed!
- What division should my team or child play in? All the 3 on 3 league divisions are age specific. Please view the requirements before registering an individual or team. We reserve the right to move teams or individuals to a level more suited for their skill level.
- How many players per team? You are required to roster a minimum of 6 skaters plus 1 goalie.
- Will the goalies be used? Yes. Each team is required to have 1 goalie with an option of a 2nd at all levels.
- What is the format for each game? Each 3 on 3 game is 26 minutes running time for all levels. How long are the shifts? All shifts will be sixty (60) second shifts.
- Do we need coaches/parents on the bench? Yes. All teams will be required to have at least one coach/parent on the bench.
USA Hockey Registration:
- All participants must register on-line with USA Hockey at www.usahockey.com and you must enter a valid USA Hockey Confirmation Number at the time of registration.
- All participants are required to pay the USA Hockey Registration Fee of $53 (birth year 2012 and after are FREE).
The 2018-2019 season registration is valid through August 31, 2019.
HECC approved helmet with an expiration date on the sticker, USA Hockey approved face mask, hockey stick, shoulder pads, hockey pants, protective gloves, elbow pads, knee/shin pads, hockey skates and neck guard.
QUESTIONS? Email Kathy at email@example.com or call (630) 789-6666 Extension 206.